Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:10:42 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        Julio Merino <julio@meroh.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: First cut of the continuous testing infrastructure

> On Dec 31, 2013, at 5:22, Julio Merino <julio@meroh.net> wrote:
>=20
> Dear all,
>=20
> With all the work that has gone into the tree to add the barebones of
> a test suite in FreeBSD, and with the generous availability of 3
> machines for testing purposes, I am pleased to announce the very first
> cut of the testing infrastructure!
>=20
> Before spoiling the fun, let me make clear that these pages are /not/
> final by any means. There is still a ton of work to be done to, at
> least: 1) make the reports more amenable and usable; 2) extend the
> infrastructure to cover more releases and architectures; 3) grow the
> test suite to make it a useful tool; 4) fix existing breakage; and 5)
> notify developers when things break (possibly even pinpointing at
> faulty commits!).
>=20
> Having said that, point your browser at:
>=20
>    http://kyua1.nyi.freebsd.org/
>=20
> and have fun!
>=20
> You may read some more on this work on the project page:
>=20
>    http://wiki.freebsd.org/TestSuite
>=20
> and on my blog post introducing the FreeBSD test suite:
>=20
>    http://julipedia.meroh.net/2013/12/introducing-freebsd-test-suite.html
>=20
> Hoping you find this useful in its current form... let the feedback flow!
>=20
> Enjoy your entry into 2014 :-)

Well done! The only thing I see that could be improved in the HTML format is=
:
1. The total number of tests should be the last row.
2. Non-engineers (and some engineers like me) like percentages, in addition t=
o raw numbers. Helps reduce panic when someone goes "oh my gosh! We have 18 t=
ests failing!!!"

Cheers and have a happy new year :)!

-Garrett

PS some of the ATF tests (for 0.17 at least) won't work unless you have the r=
ight configuration file [from share/?], but if you have that configuration f=
ile, it will cause regular tests to bomb because of recursion with /bin/sh .=
 Granted, that was with ATF, not Kyua driving the tests...=