Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:37:23 +0100
From:      mike <mike@reifenberger.com>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Working on Bootforth / ficl

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Devin Teske wrote:
>> - A user-land ficl executable which acted exactly like the bootloader for better
>>  forth development
>>

> Does it support "include" ? That's been one of the biggest things preventing me from simulating boot in userland. If it does, this would be a very great addition.

Yes, if I remember right. I was able to do anything up to the boot command...
include is allways there btw. Its implemented using libstand funtionality and
wrapped into a FORTH word later on..

NB: Because on amd64 the loader gets compiled as a i386 binary I produced there
a i386 userland binary too because it was simpler to implement. Shouldn't matter
for bootforth testing purposes.

Greetings
---
Michael Reifenberger