Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:14:44 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD 5.1-BETA2 (or -RC1) with IBM Thinkpad A30p !!!SOLVED!!!

Jesse Guardiani <jesse@wingnet.net> wrote:

> Have you tried setting hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1 at boot?
> That's what got my A30p up and running on 5.1. (I know the motherboards
> aren't the same between the 30 and 31 models though)

     Thanks.  I'd known about that setting, and I "tried" it, but it
didn't seem to work.  However, I'd done a "monkey see, monkey do" in
/boot/devices.hints, and put this into it:

	hint.hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1

The correct line really is:

	hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1

I have no idea why the "hint" is not supposed to be there ....

     I've got things mostly working, and will post my experiences in a
separate message.

     Thanks for the help!

--
	Darryl Okahata