Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 11:27:51 -0500
From:      "Arnold J. Rimmer" <x5gb7uk9@wna-linknet.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   home network

i have a single bnc cable straight from 1 ethernet card to the other.
did i overlook something in the tutorial?

In the tutorial, item 2.2 Assumptions about the Local Area Network
states...
workstations and a server are connected with ethernet cabling...

subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0. bsd box is 192.168.1.2, windoze box
is 192.168.1.1.

ifconfig -a results:
ed0: flags=8843 <UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
lp0: flags=8010 <POINTOPOINT,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
tun0: flags=8010 <POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST>mtu 1500
sl0: flags=c010 <POINTOPOINT,LINK2,MULTICAST> mtu 552
lo0: flags=8049 <UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 0xff000000

arp -a results nothing just goes back to # prompt.

thanx to all for your interest in helping me solve my problem.

AJR

                                        / If you get to it
                                        / and you cannot do it
                                        / there you jolly well