Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2016 09:30:50 -0700
From:      Joshua Ruehlig <joshruehlig@gmail.com>
To:        Franco Fichtner <franco@lastsummer.de>
Cc:        jlh@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>,  Michael Zhilin <mizhka@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: www/subsonic-standalone license

Did you read the post Michael linked? Version 6.0 is no longer GPLv3
because he added some code that couldn't be added to a GPL project. I don't
believe the maintainer dropped the project.
If a user wants to use a previous version they are free to modify the
PORTVERSION, update the 'distinfo', and build the port. Also the
'www/subsonic' port is still on version 5.3 so people can use that as well.

I could not find a license for version 6.0. I checked the README.TXT that
came with the v6.0 jar and it does not seem to be up to date. It says
subsonic is "free software" and under the GPL.
I think we should remove the LICENSE line from the Makefile, not sure what
else we should do.

Thanks,
Josh