Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:34:54 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why Clang

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:04:47 +0200
Fred Morcos articulated:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Stephen Cook <sclists@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> No, it is not, except perhaps by lying atheist Marxist bastards
> >> and his religious adherents.
> >>
> > Please don't use "atheist" as a derogatory term. There are plenty of
> > capitalistic atheists who neither lie nor have unmarried parents!
> >
> > I'm a relative newcomer. Are the FreeBSD mailing lists always this
> > flame-y? I realize that this particular post might be trolling /
> > satire, but others in the thread (and other unrelated threads
> > recently) are a FAR CRY from the technical support and discussion I
> > expected. I thought I'd see an occasional RTFM, maybe a random
> > "WinBlows" here and there... but this type of thing just diminished
> > everyone involved.
>
> I am also a newcomer and I agree with Stephen. But I guess the only
> way is to simply ignore those who make such statements. I don't see
> much benefit in arguing or reasoning with them.

A somewhat haphazardly search of the postings in this forum would seem
to indicate that any post questioning the ethics or usefulness of
FreeBSD as compared to other operating systems that elicit six or more
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law>; being invoked. You might
also want to check out
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum>. I just read it for
the first time a few days ago. You might also want to familiarize
yourself with the term "Sour Grapes"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sour_grapes>. It is expressed by a
certain clique here quite frequently.

By the way Fred, please don't "Top Post". That pisses people off too,
plus it makes following a really good argument a lot more difficult
than it needs to be.

Welcome to the fray ...

--
Jerry ♔