Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:17:50 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        vova@fbsd.ru
Cc:        gnome <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is GNOME 2.7/2.8 stable to you?

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:24:58 +0400, Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@fbsd.ru>
wrote:

> В пн, 13/09/2004 в 22:02 -0500, Jeremy Messenger пишет:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I haven't seen many report of GNOME 2.7/2.8 for weeks/months, so I am
>> wondering how does it goes with all of you? I think, this 2.7
>> development
>> is the most stable version that I have tested, which I couldn't find any
>> more bugs lately beside gstreamer. I tried to use it as normal Windows
>> user such as avoid the CLI and done all in GUI while I don't have any
>> access to CVS, seems like everything work very well. The gstreamer is
>> only
>> an app that is annoying to me, which it isn't that stable when I run the
>> nautilus in my movies directory.
>>
>> If one of you find the bugs, then go ahead reply to this thread. I want
>> see those reports, because the final is coming soon.
>
> Firefox does not install gnome menu item. Seems not good for me.

Uh? Firefox != GNOME... I am asking for _GNOME_'s stability; not ask for
missing kid icon of third party apps. If Firefox doesn't know how to
install icons by the 'make install' or don't have any *.desktop, then
blame that on the Firefox developers (aka, they have bugzilla). There are
many apps that don't install or don't have icons by default.

>> Cheers,
>> Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team