Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 15:34:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GUS PnP Mixer/playmidi question

Greetings everyone,

	I just installed my new GUS PnP yesterday and got the kernel
compiled with GUS PnP support thanks to Amancio! :)    Anyways, I was
wondering what mixers do people use in the shell and in X?  I tried to
play a midi file with the recently compiled playmidi and this is what it
says:

/dos/ultrasnd/midi/acpiano.pat: No such file or directory
Can't load any melodic patches!

	I thought the GUS PnP has the patches on the 1MB ROM on the card
itself so it doesn't need the DOS patch set as my DOS Partition got messed
up by Win95 so I won't be able to install the patchset until I get my new
replacement Hard Drive from Western Digital.  So, is there anyway to play
midi files on a PnP with the built in ROM instead?  Thanks.

Vince
GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations - GUS Mailing Lists Admin