Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:19:10 -0400
From:      Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   criteria for patch inclusion in patch release?

What determines the patch worthiness of particular fixes that
have gone into a the source tree for inclusion into the next
patch release of a given -RELEASE branch?

As an example, there are two patches that improve life for
those of us who use fxp ethernet adaptors (r233158, r233585).
Both of these came out after the branch of 8.3-RELEASE,
I believe.  Neither of these patches are in 8.3-STABLE, as
far as I can tell.  I think they ought to be in at least
8-STABLE or 9-STABLE, based on their change dates and the
"MFC after: 1 week"/"MFC after: 2 weeks" notations in the
SVN entries.

In my ideal world, these two patches would wind up in the
first patch release of 8.3-RELEASE, but that's my ideal world.
Is there some way to nominate these changes for inclusion
in what will be the p1 release of 8.3?

Thanks for any insight...

-Kurt