Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2017 23:54:20 +0100
From:      "Samorukov,Alexey" <samm@os2.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Watchdog on RPi and watchdogd

Hi,=20

I tried to use watchdogd on RPi 1. Initially i got "patting the dog: =
Operation not supported=E2=80=9D and "Can't arm, timeout must be between =
1-15 seconds=E2=80=9D. Digging into the source i found that it is =
hardware limitation and i been able to run the watchdog correctly using =
"watchdogd -d -s 1 -t 8=E2=80=9D. However it gives me only 8 seconds =
(2^33) and i would like to have 15. But if i am trying to set 15, =
watchdogd using 2^34 (17 seconds) and fail because its > 15, which is hw =
limit.

So in fact using current interface i can use maximum 8 seconds instead =
of possible 15. I think it should be viable solution to limit value to =
15 seconds (with warning in the logs) in the bcmwd driver if request is =
> 15 seconds instead of warning. This should give ability to utilize =
maximum timeout with the old API. I can send a PR if there are no =
objections against this.