Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:56:37 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@graphics.cs.uni-sb.de>
To:        marius@alchemy.franken.de
Cc:        "Oneill, John J" <john.j.oneill@intel.com>, "'ports@FreeBSD.org'" <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: icc-6.0.1.304

marius@alchemy.franken.de wrote:

> Have a look at the icc6-port to get an idea of the hacks and
> modifications in order to produce native FreeBSD binaries.

http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/lang/icc

Have a look at "Makefile" for some "dynamic" (regular expressions) and
symbol (with objcopy) patches. "files/patch*" contains some "static"
patches (generated with "diff"), "files/*.c" is some glue code ("hacks")
which are needed too.

If you need some help to understand the Makefile logic of the ports tree
feel free to ask me or Marius.

http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/lang/ifc

>>for the Intel compiler support team.
>>

> Great, can you say something about the likelihood of a native FreeBSD
> version of the compilers by Intel ? Personally I'd really buy it!

We would even be happy if it we could get "unsupported" binaries.

If you need some help or resources (a FreeBSD box to test / compile or
someone familiar with FreeBSD who is willing to sign a NDA and help a
little bit to get it running as a native FreeBSD binary) feel free to
contact me at netchild@FreeBSD.org (or use the address in the header),
I'm sure we (*@FreeBSD.org) can come up with a solution.

Bye,
Alexander.