Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 95 14:29:36 EDT
From:      dayton@sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu (Dayton Clark)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   EISA configuration

Folks,

I've had two EISA machines for awhile, both running FreeBSD.  The
problem is that when I put ISA cards in they are not detected.  I've
figured its a problem of the configuration and I've spent some time
fiddling with configuration files trying to make the cards visible.
But all I have for reference are the existing EISA configuration
files.  My "Fix Your Own PC" book doesn't help either.  More recently,
I've been browsing the net for some information on the configuration
file syntax.  I haven't found any newsgroup or www page that helps.
Has EISA fallen off the map so quickly?

With apologies for misplaced queston, but does anyone have a pointer
on EISA configurations?  In particular, configurations for ISA cards
in EISA busses.

To be concrete, one card that does not show up is a Mitsumi CD-ROM
(2X) controller.

thanks,
dayton

      _________