Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 1995 14:09:53 +0800 (CST)
From:      Chien-Ta Lee <jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making a release problem : bootfd

> > 	when making release.8 (bootfd), it died due to disklabel failure.
> > 	How to solve it ?  (I am using 2.2-CURRENT, kernel supports MFS)
> > 	Thanks.
>
> You need to have the `vn' device in your kernel to make releases.
> Stick this line somewhere near the end of your kernel config file:
>
> pseudo-device vn  1

	I had "pseudo-device vn 4" configured already .....

	What Bruce said is right, stuffs get larger in 2.2-CURRENT, I
	increase the image size from 1075 to 1200 and continue the bootfd
	procedure.  (solved the disk full problem)
	(the BOOTMFS kernel is too large, and the /stand is too large in
	 2.2-current if the image size is the default - 1075)

	But the disklabel still failed, I tried "vn0 rvn0 vn0c rvn0c vn0s1
	rvn0s1" but all filed...without disklabeling, what will be effected ?
	Can't boot ?

--

                                                 李 建 達  (Adonis) 交大資工
                                                 Mail: jdli@csie.nctu.edu.tw