Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:26:59 -0500
From:      "Bobby Shively" <bobby@ecsc.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>

Hi!

I am currently running analog as my web log analyzer, but it does not have
the snazzy output like webalizer (keeping monthly, daily, and hourly usage
in history, as well).  analog does work with all the vhosts, and I
especially like the fact that it can take a * in it's cfg file to select ALL
the vhost log files.

I am having trouble setting up webalizer to run on vhosts.  I have my apache
log files setup as so for each:

ErrorLog /usr/weblogs/current_logs/vhost.com-errors
TransferLog "|/usr/local/bin/rotatelogs
/usr/weblogs/current_logs/vhost.com-access 86400"

I also run a script called compress_logs from daily.local, which simply
compresses the logs and places them in /usr/weblogs/compressed_logs

Webalizer's conf takes a set variable, LogFile, and it wants a specific log
file name.  Since I run rotatelogs every day, the name of the access file
changes.

My question is, has anyone set up webalizer to run nightly on multiple
vhosts, and if so, give me some guidance on what I need to do?