Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:02:20 -0600
From:      Adrian Gonzalez <adrianbsd@globalpc.net>
To:        Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who's saturating outbound link (Cisco 2620, IOS 12.1(1))

Try this on your cisco:

Set up an access list entry that matches the traffic you want to monitor.
Enter config mode, then something like:

access-list 10 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255

This example would match outgoing traffic from any host on the 192.168.0.x
network.  Make sure you pick an access list number you're not using for
something else, of course.  Note that the last set of numbers is not a
netmask, it's wildcard bits.  So, 0.0.255.255 matches a whole class B net,
0.0.0.15 matches a /28, etc.

Then you can exit config mode and debug:

debug ip packet 10

Since it's a 256k link, be prepared to be flooded with output.  There's
probably a way to limit this but I haven't bothered to look it up.  You
should get a good idea what's causing the traffic by looking at the output.
 You should get something like:

20w1d: IP: s=192.168.0.2 (Ethernet0/0), d=10.0.0.1 (BRI1/3), g=10.0.0.1,
len 136, forward
20w1d: IP: s=192.168.0.2 (Ethernet0/0), d=10.0.0.1 (BRI1/3), g=10.0.0.1,
len 122, forward

Not quite tcpdump, but should be enough.  If you don't get any output, type

term monitor

So that debugging messages get sent to your terminal.  Once you find what
you're looking for, you can stop debugging:

no debug ip packet
term no mon

remove the access-list too or save it for later :)

I'm almost willing to bet you have a guy or two sharing their entire mp3
and avi collection with a Kazaa/Morpheus/etc client :)

Hope this helps

-Adrian