Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:27:44 -0700
From:      Brett Rogers <loki_bsd@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   automatic detection of a proxy server

I have set up a FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE box at my school to show my professor=
=20
different aspects of FreeBSD.  I really wanted to show him the ports=20
collection since he's used to rpms.  My problem is that I cannot get out =
to=20
the internet at all.  It operates correctly in the internal network (I se=
t up=20
an FTP server and it works fine as does telnet)  I know there is a proxy=20
server somewhere, but I dont know what the address is or anything else ab=
out=20
it.  All the Windows boxes detect it just fine and he's said none of the=20
linux boxes he's used have had problems.  What can I do to make FreeBSD=20
detect it?  I am using DHCP to obtain IP, DNS, etc.  Any help would be=20
greatly appreciated.

-Brett