Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:58:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org, kmitch@guru.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: major timer/APIC code changes.

> Please send me reports for ANY new kernel builds, working or not.  I need
> to know ASAP whether I've broken anything.  This is one of those changes
> that may behave differently on various hardware.

I keep getting system freezes with this (or some other) new code.  My -current
from about two weeks ago works fine, but under the this and the later stuff
my kernel seems to just freeze.  At first, I thought it might be the the new
VM changes, but the fix didn't seem to do anything.  I am using an ASUS P65UP5
with Dual P5s.  The freezes appear pretty random too.  Sometimes as soon
as I log on; sometimes after its been up a while.  It still could be the new
VM code (I guess), but I thought I would check to see if it could be
SMP first.

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request