Date:      Mon, 09 May 2011 19:02:23 +0400
From:      Darren Baginski <kickbsd@yandex.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   PF and ipv6 strange behavior on FreeBSD

Hi!

I've noticed rather strange pf behavior on FreeBSD box (8.2 and 7.4 in particular)

Consider this rule
pass out proto tcp from self to any flags S/SA keep state
despite the fact pf starts after netif
if doesn't not create rule
pass out inet6 proto tcp from 2001:xxx:xxx:xxx:ffff:ffff:ffff:ff26 to any flags S/SA keep state
where 2001:xxx:xxx:xxx:ffff:ffff:ffff:ff26 my ipv6 addres,
but it creates
pass out inet proto tcp from 116.x.x.26 to any flags S/SA keep state
where 116.x.x.26  my ipv4 address on the same interface.

All above happens *only* after reboot.
BUT if I log in on already working machine and issue pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf , pf creates rule in question.
Perhaps that happens because of pf starts to 'earlier' , and ipv6  has no time to check IP duplicates on link and pf start before ipv6 address is up on interface?
Any Ideas and suggestion are very welcome, since I reproduced the same problem on 7.4 and that issue is rather annoying.

Thank you!