Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 1996 10:21:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
To:        MARCOS@eig.unige.ch
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: QuickCam software port

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996 MARCOS@eig.unige.ch wrote:

> If not, I'm in the process of porting some utilities but I'm stopped by the
> Linux proprietary function "ioperm" which grants direct access for applications
> to I/O ports. What is the equivalent on FBSD ?

To port over all of the QuickCam stuff you need to:

Instead of ioperm(),  you just want to say:
open ("/dev/io", O_RDONLY);

Take all of the outb(x,y) and change to:
outb(y,x);

Remove Linux includes, replace with:
#include <machine/cpufunc.h>

Also, I would suggest on waiting to make ports for the QuickCam
software--  It's in a heavy state of flux right now, and new releases
are very frequent.

Sujal