Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:45:10 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to change the sort order in gtk2/gnome file dialogs?

--nextPart1672145.TK50HJfrBl

I've been using GIMP for a while now (in KDE), and I finally tried to work =
out=20
how to get the file dialogs to use a sane sorting order, but, unfortunately=
=20
failed.

The environment has LANG set to de_DE.ISO8859-15, but the sort order in tho=
se=20
dialogs always remains [0-9][A-Z][a-z], i.e. as if LANG were C. Most=20
suggestions I got from Google and others involved using the glibc LC_*=20
environment variables, which of course do nothing on FreeBSD. Do you have a=
ny=20
suggestions? All this scrolling up and down between filenames starting with=
=20
uppercase and lowercase gets a little tiring. :)

Cheers,
=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org