Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 1996 23:21:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wwwcount-2.3

 * Hum... I would write the port maintainer.  The Lynx devel team, has a
 * real nasty habit of changing the code w/o changing the distname.  Thus
 * why we don't generate an MD5 checksum for Lynx anymore.

This is not true.  This makes the md5 checksum even more necessary,
and I'm tracking Andrey's commits closely to make sure we have a
matching distfile on ftp.freebsd.org's backup distfiles dir.

 * >From your output, I'd say the patch no longer applies to the version of
 * lynx you fetched.  The port maintainer could probably track this down
 * pretty fast.

Take a look at the slang-lynx Makefile, it refers you to the lynx
Makefile for some things (among which is the patch directory and
files/md5).  You need to update your lynx port as well to get
everything in sync.

Satoshi