Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:48:54 -0500
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Word Processor on AMD64

Thus spake Ernst W. Winter (ewinter@ewinter.org) [27/02/05 13:49]:
: > Are there any good[1] word processors that are currently available
: > for use on AMD64 systems?
:
: Abiword no problems here as I use it also to convert to other formats
: and it works wel, had no crash so far, I even loaded by accident a
: *ps file and it it shoed it correctly.

Hmmm....  Maybe I'll dig a little deeper.  I know the problem's actually in
glib, but I haven't bothered digging any further.

: > [1] By 'good' I mean stable (not a development branch), and able to
: > read/write MS Word format.  It would be nice if it could do OO.org
: > as well, as that's what all of my current docs are in.
:
: What version of amd64 are you running? I use so far "5-STABLE", that
: is up to date until today.

I'm running -STABLE, from a few weeks back:

: pretty fun.  There's a few bugs here and there (-STABLE), but nothing

I'll give an update a shot.

  - Damian