Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:05:54 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Efstratios Karatzas <gpf.kira@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, kib@freebsd.org, gleb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NTFS GSoC Project Idea

Efstratios Karatzas wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am a FreeBSD GSoC 2010 student, looking to participate in this years
> GSoC. The project that I wish to work on is the FreeBSD NTFS driver.
>
> I 've already discussed my project idea with Attilio@ who suggested that I
> forward my proposal to the hackers mailing list in order to get more
> feedback and see if there's anyone interested in mentoring a NTFS project.
>
> The current draft of the technical part of my proposal(pdf & plain text)
> can be found here:
>
> http://cgi.di.uoa.gr/~std06101/ntfs/ntfs_proposal.tar

Hi, I just downloaded, will read tomorrow.  Skimming the beginning, I notice
	"3) bugbusting"

There's a bug in ntfs-3g see my:
	http://berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/shrink/#bugs_ntfs3g
	"FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-ntfs" ...
	"Name of Files & directories starting with a '$' are not seen"

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".