Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:45:33 +0200
From:      Artem Kajalainen <artem@kayalaynen.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gmirror failure booting 9.0 kernel upgrading from 8.2

> > I'm trying to upgrade a brand new server from 8.2 to 9.0 via source. =
=C2=A0I've done this upgrade twice so far, once on a vmware test system, an=
d once on a Sun X4100m2, both with success.

> > On this system, which is a Supermicro motherboard, I have gmirror boot =
disk. =C2=A0The other two did not (hardware RAID on the Sun).

> > The boot fails as follows. =C2=A0The gmirror is not degraded. =C2=A0The=
 part that concerns me is this:

> > GEOM_PART: integrity check failed (mirror/gm0, MBR)
> >
> > This is loading a custom kernel, which pulls in geom_mirror as a module=
.

> > I think the issue is that I have to convince gmirror to use ada0 and ad=
a1 instead of ad4 and ad6 as the component devices. =C2=A0How does one acco=
mplish this if one cannot boot? =C2=A0The server is remote, so plugging in =
the memstick image will be tricky :)

I think you have the same issue ->
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-geom/2011-October/005071.html
I had the same problem. I destroyed mirror, made gpt partitions on one
disk, dumped fs from 8.2, installed 9.0 on this disk, booted from this
disk and made new mirror :-)
ad->ada is not a problem for gmirror.

---
With Best Regards / Yst=C3=A4v=C3=A4llisin terveisin
Artem Kajalainen