Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:38:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        itojun@iijlab.net
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPSEC/VPN/NAT and filtering

I meant a kernel change to the current FreeBSD code to allow decrypted
packets to bypass the packet filter, similar to what you commited to
the KAME tree already.  I think the change you made is sufficient, I
was looking for somebody on the FreeBSD side to coordinate doc and
possible kernel changes.  This would be the check for the use of the
M_DECRYPTED flag on the packet to bypass the packet filter.  This is
clearly inferior to your change, if you are planning to incorporate
that into the FreeBSD releases I will just write a configuration
document.

Thanks for the RFC references!

- Mike Harding

   Cc: freebsd-security@freebsd.org