Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:46:46 -0800
From:      Phungte Ha <phungte@decru.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        phungte@decru.com
Subject:   bus_dmamap_load change request.

Hi all,

Currently bus_dmamap_load builds the dma descriptor in a table on the
stack.
This cause us following problems:
 . our dma can be large, 1MB or more, this forces us to increase the
kernel stack size.
 . our hardware would be happy with the dma descriptors as they are,
 address and length. Unfortunately, with the table on the stack,
 as soon the callback returns, we cannot count on this table anymore.

Can we either change the IF, or having another IF which accepts as
arguments
the table address and a number of entries. The caller will be in charge
of
allocate and free this table.

Thanks for you ideas.

Phungte