Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 07:10:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23193: Port fix: biology/emboss (MAINTAINER)

The following reply was made to PR ports/23193; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To: johann@egenetics.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:00:41 +0200

 On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:47:23PM +0200, johann@egenetics.com wrote:

 > >Number:         23193
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       Port fix: biology/emboss (MAINTAINER)
 > >Originator:     Johann Visagie
 > >Environment:
 > - Update distinfo.  Seems like they re-rolled all the distribution tarballs
 >   without upping version numbers mere hours after the last port update when
 >   through.  :-(

 Do you by any chance keep the old distfiles, so you can check what has
 changed?  Not that it's all that uncommon to reroll dist tarballs without
 notice (I've had that happen to fetchmail on me just the other day), but
 sometimes this could be an indication of backdoored distributions on
 compromised distsites..  It never hurts to be sure - that's just why
 the distfiles MD5 sums were introduced in the first place, I should think :)

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 This sentence would be seven words long if it were six words shorter.