Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:33:08 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gotcha in moving to post 4.4 lite2 merge ``world''.

On Mar 03, 1997 at 09:19:23AM +0100, J Wunsch wrote:
> As Sean Eric Fagan wrote:
>
> > >Or a working doscmd.  For instance. :-(
> >
> > We do have a working (more or less) doscmd.
>
> Well, that's good news.  Why don't we integrate them into the tree?
> 3.0 is highly experimental these days, so it's the right time to add
> yet another experimental feature.

At the moment, there seems to be an oddity in the vm86() code, which causes
the machine to completely lock up.  I've been trying to track this one down
for a while, but none of my hypotheses seem to pan out.

I think the reason this hasn't been submitted to the tree yet, other than
the fact that it still has problems, is that 2.2 is out of the picture at
the moment, and 3.0 has been unbuildable until recently.
--
Jonathan