Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 2019 14:01:08 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Unidef <unidef@unidef.org>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can someone write a BASIC (the programming language) interface from FreeBSD to emacs?

Sorry I was stoned as a kite

I found freebasic, I don=E2=80=99t have access to my desktop so I didn=E2=
=80=99t get a chance to search ports

Basically I want to use basic instead of lisp. Lisp is nice but a little co=
mplex, with enough arrays it can be pretty functional

The kernel->emacs thing can be done with a FreeBSD module, I want complete =
access to the internals of FreeBSD through basic and emacs

Let=E2=80=99s say I want to debug a function in the scheduler, id just scri=
pt it in basic and it does it automatically

It=E2=80=99s not hard rewriting the scripting language in emacs to lisp is =
it? I have like 15 years experience in c and I have to read the FreeBSD ker=
nel book before I read the kernel source.=20

It=E2=80=99d be nice if basic was FreeBSD=E2=80=99s python, writing a ui in=
 basic isn=E2=80=99t that hard, but with classes and advanced basic it=E2=
=80=99s fun=20

Sent from my iPhone