Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:34:50 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Crippleware (was Re: adding DHCP client to src/contrib/)

On Mon, 08 Feb 1999 22:34:52 PST, Steve Kargl wrote:

> > How can we make this any clearer to you? Its fine to say `I don't
> > want to see DHCP in the base system' when you have the choice
> > of getting a static IP. A lot of the emerging high-speed access
> > providers aren't giving you that option.
>
> Then, *BUY* the cd-rom and support the FreeBSD project.

It took me a while to figure out what I didn't like about your punt.
After all, the project could use the money. But something grated me
about it nonetheless.

Anyway, 30 minutes later, I've figured it out. You're endorsing FreeBSD
crippleware.  I sincerely hope that your attitude is _not_ endorsed by
the core team.

Ciao,
Sheldon.