Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:46:06 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [OT] Build deps caching

--------------enig1AD20BFB85DE5AE9F5253EBC

On 16/02/2012 12:38, Nikola Pavlovi=C4=87 wrote:
>> Add this in portmaster.rc to do the deletion of build-only dependencie=
s:
>> >=20
>> > PM_DEL_BUILD_ONLY=3Dpw_dbo

> I assume this is a typo, it should be 'pm_dbo'?

Hmmm... maybe.  However, it doesn't matter what the variable is set to,
only that it's set to something.

> Skimming through the man page and getopts part of portmaster I don't se=
> a way to exclude some build-deps from being uninstalled.  Am I missing
> something?  I'm not sure ATM, but there could be some of them that are
> only ever build dependencies but which I want to keep installed for wha=
tever
> reason.

portmaster will only delete the build-only dependencies it installs in
the same session solely because they are required for building.  So
anything that was already installed, or anything you tell portmaster to
install explicitly will not be removed.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20