Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 02:57:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Hackers <FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   3COM stuff

I'm trying to install FreeBSD in a system I don't know the network card
on.  Looking at it, I see 3COM Etherlink II, and the 2 option sets I see
show port as 310 and memory address as d8000.  There doesn't seem to be
any indication of IRQ.

There are two ports on the rear, thickwire and thinwire.  I have a
thinwire cable, but I have a little thickwire/thinwire converter I know
works well, so I can use either.

Does anyone know how to tell the IRQ, and what options to feed to
ifconfig to select either interface (I don't care which, as long as I
know which one it is).

Thanks.  I'm trying to bring up 2.2.2 and it won't (so far) find the
ethernet card, I think.  NFS mounting hangs.  I don't think this is a
FreeBSD install problem (not your worry, Jordan :-] ), just a hardware
thing.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |