Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 1996 21:41:07 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        thorpej@nas.nasa.gov, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quick question about getopt

In message <199609290329.NAA14103@godzilla.zeta.org.au> Bruce Evans writes:
: >>From NetBSD's getopt(3):
: >
: >     The getopt() function was once specified to return EOF instead of -1.
: >     This was changed by IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2'') to decouple
: >     getopt() from <stdio.h>.
:
: This is also in 4.4Lite2's getopt(3).  4.4Lite2 should be merged with
: before NetBSD.

I have no problem with doing that work.  Would anybody have an object?
Are there things about how work like this should be done that I should
know about before undertaking it?  CVS branches to use, how to import
the 4.4lite2 stuff, etc?

I know that Jordan has asked many times for someone to do this for the
whole tree.  I don't know if I can commit to the whole tree.  However,
I can commit to parts of the tree that are logical units, and would be
happy to do them one after the other.  I have limited time for this
project, so would rather commit small peices as I go, rather than
trying to do the entire tree all at once.  It would be less disruptive
as well to have things go in a little at a time.

Anyway, that's just my two cents...

Warner