Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 1996 16:23:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jason Lin <jlin@uci.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, jlin@uci.edu
Subject:   Re: Error on the installation of BSD

On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Jason Lin wrote:

> I got some error messages when I try to install BSD for
> the first time on my machines (PC).  It complains something
> about conflict with "ed 1 at 0x300".
>
> What does that means?

This means that something else is using i/o base 0x300.

ed1 is the second ethernet card, which I doubt you're using.  You should
probably boot up with the -c option to Boot:, remove the extraneous
devices and make sure that everything else is configured correctly.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant