Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 15:59:21 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd Vs. Linux

Bill Fenner stands accused of saying:

> In message <199604040039.TAA06690@etinc.com> dennis wrote:
> >Your tests are seriously defective. ...  you either have
> >the FreeBSD system all hosed up or your test isn't testing much.
>
> This is the second message that I've seen like this -- come on, folks,
> Karen was asking for help, she wasn't attacking FreeBSD.  Why are we
> attacking her instead of trying to provide help?  This is exactly how
> to make people switch OS's.

Well, if she said "I did this and FreeBSD's performance was unexpectedly bad",
rather than "we did some tests and FreeBSD sucks", there would probably
have been a plethora of messages saying "this is your problem".  As it is,
without any hard information from the other end, what else is there to say?