Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:32:12 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clash of Titans - Tale of two Morons

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 02:08:26AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > > At one time, I got pretty deep into the bowels of Chorus,
> > > which I fond to be very impressive (I've seen it running on
> > > a 1024 node multiprocessor).
> >
> > Yes indeed.  I failed to mention it.  I'd like to get my
> > hands on a Usenix winter '91 paper by Chorus people about
> > ukernels and unix.
>
> We ("We" was "Novell/USG" back in 1993) had NetWare and SVR4
> running at the same time on top of Chorus.

Very cool.  I have fond memories of Chorus, up until the time they were
aquired by Sun and dropped completely out of sight.  Apparently it's now
the base OS for one of Sun's RT Java OS products.  I don't know if this
ever made it past the vapour stage -- we (Cambridge U, at that time) had no
luck getting it, or indeed any information about it -- out of Sun ~18
months ago.  Oh well.

	Scott