Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:25:36 -0500
From:      Anacreo <anacreo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   PicoBSD and a Broadcom BCM5703

I am trying to setup a Sun Fire v20z with PicoBSD and Dummynet. I have=20
gotten the dummynet image at=20
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jeffay/dirt/FAQ/picobsd980918.bin to boot my v20z an=
d=20
get a root prompt. However it only shows me a tun0 tun1 and lo interface.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to build a PicoBSD image with=20
dummynet and support for the BCM5703 controller that Sun is using? I'm on a=
=20
very tight schedule and don't really know BSD at all. Could you maybe point=
=20
out the steps I'd need to follow for adding in the BCM5703 driver to say th=
e=20
bridge (which includes dummynet) picobsd install? Or even better provide a=
=20
binary file for it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this. I have to say that I'm very=
=20
impressed with the PicoBSD image thus far!

Alec