Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 97 02:22:41 -0800
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Shawn Ramsey" <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pentium pro vs. pentium II

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 20:24:31 -0800 (PST), Shawn Ramsey wrote:

>> Yea I checked the archives: I've surmised that they both work but I kind
>> find anything in the archive, handbook or faq that lays out how much
>> benefit is gained by using either over a regular old pentium.  I've some
>> number crunching/file parsing duties that I need accelerated but I have to
>> decide on my upgrade path: II or Pro?
>
>A Pro overclocked to 233. :) Will beat a 233MHz PII anyday of the week...

	Ok, where does a K6 fit in to this picture?  I am leaning strongly
towards that chip for my next machine, now that the make world problem is
solved.  It seems to be giving the most bang for the buck, not to mention
the attraction of being a bit rebellious. :)

Doug

*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the  world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server. 4,168 clients and still growing. :-)
*** Try spider.dal.net on ports 6662-4    (Powered by FreeBSD)
***		Part of the DALnet IRC network		***