Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:57:25 +0100
From:      Jos Backus <Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world broken

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 05:13:39PM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> I did a "make -j 4 buildworld" every day last week.  I did not
> see this error.  Did you by any chance run configure in the
> contrib/gcc (or whatever the current gcc contrib source tree
> is called)?

No.

> If your build tree ends up in /usr/obj, then you might try
> rm -rf /usr/obj
> chflags -r noschg /usr/obj
> rm -rf /usr/obj
> cd /usr/src
> make clean
> make buildworld

That did the trick (although I had to do the buildworld twice - the first time
there was this error about not knowing how to make .../stdarg.h). All is well
again on my home box now. Maybe this was caused by my having done a world
build in the middle of the build restructuring, which left /usr/obj in a "bad"
state somehow.

Thanks for your help sorting this one out.

--
Jos Backus                          _/ _/_/_/  "Reliability means never
                                   _/ _/   _/   having to say you're sorry."