Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:25:01 +0800
From:      "Craig Beasland" <craig@hotmix.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Internetworking

Hi there,

I have a problem...

We use a jetdirect card on our windows network to allow printing.  For one C
Class of network machines I can ping the "printer" and print to it with no
problems.  I now have another c class of IP addresses that want to print to
the same printer - all the machines are on the same physical hub.

I have set up a FreeBSD box with an ethernet card 2 IP addresses - one for
each c class.  I can add a route on the windows machines so that I can ping
both IP's on the FreeBSD box, but I cant get any further than that.

What do I need to add to the routing tables under FreeBSD to allow my
workstations further access.

FreeBSD Box IP's 150.1.1.10 and 140.2.2.10
150.1.1.0 c class with printer 150.1.1.196
140.2.2.0 c class with route for 150.1.1.0 set to 140.2.2.10 - these
machines can see 150.1.1.10 but nothing else on that c class.

The FreeBSD box can see both sides of the network.

cheers
craig

craig@hotmix.com.au