Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:48:29 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Jared Proudfoot <jaredp@direct.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Problems

At 04:09 PM 6/19/97 -0700, Jared Proudfoot wrote:
>I'm currently running FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE on a P166 with 128MB RAM, an
>Adaptec 2940 UW controller, 2 Quantam Atlases, 1 Quantam Grand Prix and an
>IDE Quantum Sirocco.

Two things I recall

a) There has been fixes to the code since 2.2.1-RELEASE
b) I also recall specific discussion of Quantum drives and firmware revs...
Dunno if its your modle or not thats effected.

But I would be concerned far more with a) than b)

Have a look at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook228.html#479
and specifically at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook240.html#498
for how to use CVSUP to get the latest version of FreeBSD...

Also, you may want to check out www.dejanews.com.  They archive
comp.unix.bsd.free.* and the mailling list in the newsgroup muc.lists.freebsd*

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *