Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2001 22:37:59 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "Yuri A. Wolf" <subs@ovk.altai.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bind8.2.3 - where is the correct place to download src?

"Yuri A. Wolf" wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 09:45:37AM +0600, Yuri A. Wolf wrote:
> >
> > > i meant the place at ftp.freebsd.org where the port is. yesterday i
> > > downloaded the new port (with patches of course), but there was an error
> > > during patching (patch-ac). the sources were from ftp.isc.org, and i
> > > putted them into distfiles, so there wasn't mistake as i think...
> >
> > www.freebsd.org/ports - fairly obvious location, eh? :)
>
> yeah I know that, I was there hundreds times...
>
> actually I just checked there is bind-8.2.2.p7 in title at
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/net.html and links to 8.2.3 on ftp.isc.org
>
> that's why i asked
> well, i'll try to download and make port again... but I'm not sure changes
> made...

You can download and make the same port over and over again and it will
never change.  If you want to get the update version, you will need to
update the port kit on your system, using CVSup or something like that.
For more information, see the FreeBSD Handbook on your system, look for
the topic "Keeping up to date with CVSup."