Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 1998 13:15:47 +0100
From:      Thomas Seidmann <tseidmann@simultan.ch>
To:        Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPX Routing

Kris Kirby wrote:
> I was completely unaware of this fact. My home lan runs Ethernet_II for
> the Novell stuff (which stays turned off unless I need to play quake :-)
> whereas another lan in the house uses the Novell default of 802.3. Which
> is the longest or has the most carrying capacity?

They are almost equal, except the 802.3 frame contains the size of
payload in the frame in place of the frame ID. The maximum length and
carrying capacity are exactly the same. 802.2 presents some loss
compared to those two, because it caontains another additional header in
each packet.

> Kris Kirby

Cheers,
Thomas