Date:      Thu, 13 May 2004 14:56:33 +0530
From:      <Muthu_T@Dell.com>
To:        <freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Couldn't login via SSH

Hi,

   After the install, when I first login using root, it doesn't wait for
password prompt.
It straightaway goes in by displaying the /etc/motd and then displays
the shell prompt.

But I remember that I had given the password for root, while installing
FreeBSD.

Then remount the root partition as read-write mode and started the sshd
server successfully.

But I cannot login either from another another machine in the network or
using 'ssh localhost'
Command on the same m/c.
It throws the "Permission denied (publickey, keyboard-interactive)"
error.

Why Password is not accepted while logging in?
What is the issue with the SSH daemon?

Thanks.

--T. Muthu Mohan