Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:38:15 GMT
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
To:        big_jaa@hotmail.com, remko@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org, remko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/102177: Dell PowerEdge SC1420 cannot install FreeBSD4.8

Synopsis: Dell PowerEdge SC1420 cannot install FreeBSD4.8

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Wed Aug 30 08:36:33 UTC 2006
State-Changed-Why:
Hi there,

why are you installing FreeBSD 4.8 if I may ask? It is no
longer supported and seen as legacy.  The 6.X releases are
the ones following up the 4.X releases, so if you are able
please use them instead.

Also note that alot had changed during the transition from
4.X to 6.X and that might also be the cause of the failures
you are seeing.

Please consider using 6.X instead, thanks!

I will let the PR open for a week from now to get your feedback
on this :-)

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-i386->remko
Responsible-Changed-By: remko
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Aug 30 08:36:33 UTC 2006
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Grab the PR so that i will recieve the feedback