Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 1999 23:51:41 -0800
From:      bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@california.sandia.gov>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pkg_version (was Re: FreeBSD Port: mergemaster-1.36)

--==_Exmh_-173856031P

If memory serves me right, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> > PS.  I owe apologies to Nik Clayton, Dave Glowacki, Neil Blakey-Milner,
> > Stefan `Sec` Zehl, and possibly other people, for dropping their
> > pkg_version patches on the floor.  Dave, Neil, and Stefan all have
> > different ways to fix the "match multiple versions of packages" problem.
> > I ought to figure out which parts of these should get patched in, but I
> > seem to have even less free hacking time now than I did when I was
> > ignoring their patches.  :-p
>
> I am incredibly busy but will attempt to commit/review these patches
> if sent to me. The usual warnings about a company trying to meet a deadline
> and a student trying to prepare for finals apply, so don't expect miracles.

Understood, and I thank you.  I'll dig these up and post them to -ports
this weekend.

Ideally, I'd have reviewed these and given you one consolidated set of
patches to send to you, but this might not happen soon.  My "excuse" is
that I'm getting married in three weeks and, well, for me, that's a
teensy bit more important than improving pkg_version.  :-)

Thanks,

Bruce.

PS.  Thanks for doing the patches from bin/15162.  Also enjoyed your
commit message about my email address.

--==_Exmh_-173856031P

--==_Exmh_-173856031P--