Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:31:42 -0500
From:      Christopher S Johnson <chrisj@kcnet.com>
To:        "'freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Zip drives

I am new to the wold of FreeBSD, but somewhat familiar with Linux and Unix. The problem I am running in to is getting my zip drive to mount. When my system boots up and probes for devices, the zip drive is assigned sd1. Once I log in, based on what I do in Linux, if I try to mount the drive using the command mount /dev/sd1 /zip it returns an error.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong or what I can do to resolve the problem?

Thank you
Chris