Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:13:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Raid support in 3.0?

On 21-Nov-97 John W. DeBoskey wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I've scanned the FAQ & handbook, and also the src tree looking
> for clues to any scsi adapters where RAID is supported. So far, I'm
> coming up empty handed.
>
>    Could someone please give me some pointers to any scsi RAID
> adapters
> supported by FreeBSD?

OK, OK,  I'll set up a web site :-))

FreeBSD does not support any true RAID controllers.
However, if you want support for the DPT PCI controllers vist
ftp://simon-shapiro.org.  you will see a patch against 2.2, a patch
against 3.0 and several complete releases, from which you can pick up
kernels and boot floppies.  Avioid the release of the 14th of November.
A new release is coming today or tomorrow.

> Thanks,
> John
> --
> jwd@unx.sas.com       (w) John W. De Boskey          (919) 677-8000
> x6915

If Microsoft Built Cars:

There would be an "Engine Pro" with bigger turbos, but it would be
slower on most existing roads.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro
Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG                      Voice:   503.799.2313