Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:08:59 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        fulan Peng <fulanpeng@gmail.com>, Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Subject:   Re: Please help to forward port 80 to 8800 with ipfw

On Friday 13 October 2006 13:11, fulan Peng wrote:
> After make LINT;make cleandepend;make depend;make; make install, I
> really rebooted the machine serveral time.
> I read somewhere says FreeBSD would not change its kernel unless you
> manually copy the new kernel to somewhere. I think this is my problem.
> I already tried to copy the GENERIC to my hostname file.
> And I changed the ident to my hostname. I added
> options IPFIREWALL
> options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
> options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE.
> I did not pass the make.
> Then I leave only one line there
> options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
> Still won't pass the make command.
> Please help me to get the new LINT kernel to work.

You shouldn't be running a LINT kernel.  If you aren't sure how to install
and boot a new kernel you probably should be running -stable (such as
RELENG_6) rather than -current.  The specific breakage you are running into
has since been fixed, and it could be worked around by adding 'device atpic'
to your kernel config.

--
John Baldwin