Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:07:25 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multihomed UDP server

Simple question:

Very simple UDP server daemon.

Many clients (connect(2)'ing a socket for each is not an option)

Multihomed machine.

What's the simple trick to replying with the same source-IP as the
client used as destination-IP ?

Notice I said "simple", monitoring the routetable or polling the
interface configuration does not count as "simple".

It seems to me that if there is no simple way to do this, it's
about time we added it...

As I see it, we need recvfromto() and sendtofrom().

Any takers ?

Poul-Henning